Renee Foran Coyle is our full-time high school counselor & Career Specialist at VSAA. She can be reached at or 360-313-4607. Her regular hours are from 9am to 4:30pm; earlier or later appointments may be prearranged.  

Lisa Madar is our full-time counselor for middle school students.She can be reached by email at or call her at 360-313-4626.

Ken Davis is our part time Prevention Intervention Specialist. He can be reached by email at or call him at 360-313-3664.

Students may sign up to see their counselor outside their office door, or stop by before or after school or during lunch.

If you have an emergency and cannot reach a counselor, please call the main office at 360-313-4600 and they will help you find assistance.  

College planning-where to begin.pptx
Parent tips for helping children cope with tragedy_2_0.docx

VSAA School Code is 481480 for all college testing and applications.


Where We Grow.pdf
The YWCA will be offering the Where We Grow program, a free ten session workshop regarding healthy relationships for students ages 11-14 beginning on January 9, 2018. This group is designed for those youth who have been impacted by domestic violence or dating violence. Space is limited. For more information about the program and how to register, please see the Where We Grow flyer. *This event/activity is not sponsored or endorsed by Vancouver Public Schools.*

                                         The VSAA Counseling and Guidance Program


The counseling and guidance program at VSAA provides a comprehensive approach to student services.  As counselors, we support the teaching of guidance curriculum in the classroom through Advocacy, and also provide direct instruction in the areas of problem solving, conflict resolution, college planning, and career guidance.  We work individually with students and consult with parents and teachers in regard to any academic and personal/social needs that may impact their success in the classroom.  In addition, we provide counseling for students in regard to life issues and stressors that are impacting success in school and in the community; consultation with parents and staff; crisis intervention, and community information and referral as needed. 

Renee Foran Coyle, M.Ed. School Counselor and Career Specialist provides counseling services, college planning, and career guidance to students in grades 9 through 12.

Lisa Madar, M.Ed. School Counselor provides counseling services to students in grades 6 through 8.

Attention all 7th and 8th grade students: 

You may be eligible for the College Bound Scholarship. This scholarship offers the promise of tuition and books to qualifying 7th & 8th and graders in the state of Washington. It covers the amount of tuition (at public college rates) not covered by other state financial aid, plus a small book allowance. You can use it at two or four-year colleges.

How to apply:  Go to the following website to check income eligibility and sign up:  If you have questions or need help signing up, please email or call Lisa for assistance at 313-4626. Students who are eligible this year need to sign up by June 30, 2018.

Ken Davis is our Prevention Intervention Specialist who is available at VSAA one half day per week.


Community Resources


Clark County Crisis Line: For adults and children who are experiencing a mental health crisis, services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to all Clark County residents.           

(360) 696-9560   or    (800) 626-8137


If you need someone to talk to and are NOT in crisis you can call:

TeenTalk at (360) 397-2428    Mon – Thurs 4pm – 9pm, Fri 4pm – 7pm   or  

For other Counseling services, refer to your insurance, and/or go to Psychology, tap "Find a Therapist" and enter zip code 98660

Local agencies (call to inquire about services offered):

Children's Center  360-699-2244

Children's Home Society 360-695-1325

Mental Health NW (Adult counseling) 360-397-8484

Lifeline (Substance abuse and mental health services) 360-397-8246

211   Information and Referral:  Information regarding housing, medical, legal, transportation, community groups and support groups can be accessed in Clark County by calling 211 or (360) 694-8899.