Tutoring Calendar Teachers are offering tutoring before school, after school and on Saturday's. Please click the link above to get to the calendar. You can toggle to the present month to see what teacher is offering tutoring on which days.
Stargazing @ WSUV
Put on by the
Everyone is invited to attend
Oct 29th CANCELED
iTech Fees Reminder Anyone taking photography needs to pay $20.00 class fee. Please pay by Friday 9/19. (Free or reduced lunches pay $10.00).
Please be prepared for school closures due to bad weather or other emergency situations. Depending on the circumstances, schools could be closed for one day or several days. Schools could open two hours later than usual or close earlier than scheduled.
To find out if schools are closed:
• Check "Emergency Closure Information" on the district website: www.vansd.org.
• Check the Flash Alert website: www.flashalert.net (select Portland/Vancouver area, then Clark County Schools, then Vancouver School District).
• Sign up for free Flash Alert text and/or email messages. You must renew this service each year. Both websites listed above will take you to the Emergency Messages page for Vancouver School District. Find "Emergency Alerts," click "Subscribe" and follow directions.
• Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see our school closure posts: www.facebook.com/VancouverPublicSchools and https://twitter.com/VancouverSD.
• Listen to your local radio and television stations.
• Call the School Closure Information Line at 313-1401.
If schools are closed, the main school phone numbers will allow you to connect to the School Closure Information Line.
The decision to close or delay the opening of school due to snow or icy roads usually is made early in the morning of that school day. If weather becomes threatening during the school day, schools may close early. If schools are closed, all after-school and evening school activities are canceled for that day.
Snow/ice routes may be used for some school bus routes. Families that would be impacted by altered bus routes need to look on the Snow/ice route information posted on our school website.
Schools in Washington State must, by law, provide 180 days of instruction each year. These days have been designated as make-up days in case scheduled school days are canceled: June 17, June 18, and June 19, 2014. If school must be closed more, additional make-up days may be added.
Snow Bus Routes
Snow bus routes have been developed for some school buses that serve our school.These alternate routes will be used when icy or snowy conditions exist on some of the school district’s most difficult roads.Snow bus routes are safer during bad weather conditions.
When snow bus routes are announced, there will be no service to some bus stops.Alternate bus stops will be used.
We encourage students to ride school buses to and from school during adverse weather conditions.School buses are a safe and reliable form of transportation.
Here are the snow/ice routes for our school.These snow routes will also be posted in our school office and available on the school district website, www.vansd.org.
Simple Machines and Mechanical Advantage - click here to see pictures iTech Preparatory extends a sincere thank you to Fire Fighter Dunlap of Clark County Fire District 6 for volunteering his time at our middle school to teach our students about the mechanical advantage of pulley systems. It was so engaging that our science teacher, Mr. Kelley, was swept off his feet - or more accurately pulled off his feet by our middle school students.
Thank you Fire District 6 for your dedication and commitment to our community.
The iTech Staff and Students