Skyview High School Career Center

Financial aid help day

Career-Financial Aid



ARE YOU A DREAMer (undocumented student)?

The Washington Student Achievement Council has Washington State Need Grant Funds.  In order to qualify you must:

  • Complete the WASFA at 
  • Complete any additional financial aid application forms required by your college,
  • Apply for admission to an eligible Washington college or university  

Eligibility for program:

  • Have graduated (or will do so before beginning college) from a Washington high school, or obtain a GED.
  • Have lived in Washington for 3 years prior to, and continuously since earning the high school diploma or equivalent.

2018-2019 Financial Aid Registration


FINANCIAL AID:  Prospective college or university students and their parents/legal guardians should apply for financial aid for the first time in October of grade 12 (or as soon as possible after October).


Whatever type of college (vocational-technical, community, four-year) you plan to attend, there is only one way you can find out if the federal government will offer your family any type of financial aid to help pay for your post-high school education: you must file a FAFSA form.  FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. 


To maximize your chances of getting financial help from the government, you should file a completed FAFSA form via the Internet on October 1st of your senior year or as soon as possible after that date. High school seniors who want to start studying at a college or university in the fall of the year they graduate from high school should apply in October of their last year of high school. And they should apply in October of each year they are enrolled in college when they anticipate attending any college the following autumn.


File your FAFSA online at


If you have questions about how to complete your FAFSA, go to the Federal Student Aid website and look for the “Frequently Asked Questions” section.  Or call toll-free, 1-800-4-FED-AID. Or ask for assistance from the staff of the financial aid office of the college or university to which the student is applying.


Financial Aid Web Sites: - from U.S. Department of Education  – from U.S. Department of Education – Free Application for Federal Student Aid – Hope and Lifetime Learning tax credits and  – General information about scholarships, financial aid, planning a career, selecting a school, paying for school, and chat nights  -- Search for a school by name, location, program, degree offerings, or a combination of criteria.



The Washington Financial Aid Association (WFAA) has posted the FAFSA/WASFA priority filing dates for next year! You can find the excel sheet on: FAFSA Priority Filing Deadlines for WA colleges and universities.

This Excel document includes FAFSA filing deadlines for Washington schools, financial aid office contact information, and whether the school requires a supplemental application in addition to the FAFSA. As you may know, there are two significant changes to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) process that will impact millions of students.

·      Students may begin filing a 2019–20 FAFSA as early as Oct. 1, 2018. 

·     This is also true for the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) which is financial aid for DREAMers.

·      For maximum consideration of aid, including funding for WA College Bound Scholarship, students should submit their FAFSA or WASFA as soon after Oct. 1, 2018 as possible.

      Students and parents will report income from the 2017 tax year for their 2019-2020 FAFSA.