CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
|Building Futures Foundation Scholarship Application|
Applications shall include two letters of recommendation (e.g. professors, instructors, principals, deans, employers, personal acquaintances, etc.). It is highly recommended that these letters originate from academic department members, school officials, or teachers of classes related to your post-secondary major.
Please attach an electronic copy of college / trade / technical / high school transcript or most recent grade report. Unofficial transcripts issued by an educational institution are acceptable.
Selection criteria for this scholarship are as follows: financial need, academic relationship to the building industry, quality of application, grade point average and community service / extracurricular involvement / work experience.
|The 2017 Aspiring Nurse Scholarship|
Aspiring nurse who best demonstrates:
• A track record of academic excellence, particularly in science and mathematics
• A passion for the nursing profession and the overall field of healthcare
• This scholarship competition is open to all U.S. high school seniors who plan to pursue college education in nursing, including LPN / LVN, ADN, and BSN programs.
|OUR THREE MOMS|
• Senior year student at Fort Vancouver or Hudson’s Bay High School eligible for graduation
• Show intent and desire to continue education at an accredited two or four-year College or university.
• Maintain a cumulative high school GPA of 3.2 or above
• Has been involved with extracurricular activities within the school for at least two years (i.e. Sports, ASB, NHS, Key Club, etc.)
• Currently living in a single-parent household
• Is able to demonstrates financial need
|WA-CCER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION|
Graduating High School Senior who has been, or is presently, in an approved WBL Program or Career Choices.
2. Plan to attend a two- or four-year college or university or technical school as a full-time student, beginning fall, 2017.
3. Demonstration of financial need.
4. Recommended by WA-CCER member (Work Sight/Work Base Learning Coordinator, JWG Specialist or Career Choices Teacher).
|Memorial Teacher Education Scholarship|
The recipient must be a Career and Technical Education student and a senior at a high school
in the state of Washington, must be a member of a Career and Technical Student
Organization, and must indicate intentions to enroll or be enrolled in a curriculum or program
leading to a bachelor’s degree and certification as a career and technical instructor. The
recipient must have and maintain an accumulative grade point average of 2.6 or better.
|COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON|
The Foundation of Southwest Washington has a variety of scholarship available to students. Please click on the link and explore your opportunities through their website.
|COMMUNITY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS|
There are multiple scholarship available for high school seniors, other high school grade levels, and current college students.
Please follow link to website to explore which scholarship is the best fit for you.
|4 year ROTC Scholarship|
-HS Senior in top 20% of their class
-No criminal record
-Qualifying SAT Scores
|Christensen & Hymas Scholarship|
Kenneth Christensen and Russell Hymas, the lawyers here are proud to offer a generous $1,000.00 scholarship for any individuals who qualify.
The deadline for application submissions is August 1, 2017. Qualifying students can apply here:
To qualify for this scholarship:
1.You must be currently enrolled in or have been accepted to (and planning to attend) a University or College in the United States
2.You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
3.Cumulative GPA of the current or most recent secondary education program you have attended
4.You are required to submit a transcript verifying your GPA
|Oregon/SW Washington Chapter Scholarship Award|
1. The candidate shall be a graduating high school student.
2. The candidate shall have a cumulative academic average of 3.5 or higher.
3. The candidate shall have leadership potential as measured by leadership roles in school or community activities, or by creativity and vision demonstrated through participation in school or community activities.
4. The candidate will submit a personal and creative essay, video, digital resource, etc. on the required Essay Subject.
Deadline: May 15, 2017
|Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program|
• The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution.
To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay on the topic below. The essay should be between 500 and 1000 words. Your submissions must be sent to us by email at: email@example.com
Describe your educational career and life goals. Explain your plan for achieving these goals. Include your degree/major, why you selected it, and how this degree/major will help you achieve your goals.
|HORATION ALGER ASSOCIATION|
There are various scholarships for various amounts available. Please go to website for a list of available scholarships.
|RACINE OLSON SCHOLARSHIP|
-Must have a minimum 3.5 GPA.
-Must provide proof that you or one of your parent(s) and/or guardian(s) was involved in a personal injury accident.
-Scholarship is available for high school seniors in the state of Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
-Must be attending a 4-year college or university or a 2-year community college.
-A current transcript MUST be submitted for consideration.
-A 500-word minimum essay explaining your personal injury accident or a parent(s) and/or guardian(s) that were involved in a personal injury accident & how it changed your everyday outlook and possible future plans.
-Scholarship due May 31, 2017.
-ANY INCOMPLETE OR LATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
|Students of Integrity Scholarship|
Better Business Bureau Northwest, serving Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Western Wyoming will be opening our 2017 Students of Integrity Scholarship for submissions on October 4th. This scholarship gives your junior and senior students an opportunity to use their creative video skills to earn $10,000 for the post-high school education of their choice, including 4 year universities, community colleges, and technical schools. We encourage you to provide this information to your students and assist them in funding their continuing education opportunities.
The Students of Integrity link below will direct you and your students to view further information on the scholarship. This page will be updated by October 3rd with the deadlines, requirements, and application link. I will also email you with these details and updates on October 4th. http://www.bbb.org/northwest/charities-donors/about-us/bbb-foundation/bbb-students-of-integrity-scholarship/
|KHAN LAW FIRM SCHOLARSHIP|
Khalil Khan and the other attorneys at the firm are proud to offer a generous $1,000.00 scholarship to a student of their choosing. To qualify for this scholarship:
1.You must currently be enrolled in or have been accepted to (and planning to attend) a college or university in the United States.
2.You must be able to provide an official school transcript or acceptance letter verifying your enrollment.
3.You must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
4.Write an essay explaining your plans for your education.
The deadline for application submissions is August 1st, 2017.
|B DAVIS SCHOLARSHIP|
This Scholarship is available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any post secondary institution.
There is no age restriction
Be sure to include your name and the school you are attending this year and next
This is not an academic scholarship but we would like to know where you are going to school now and what your future academic plans are.
DEADLINE: May 22, 2017
AWARD VALUE: $1,000
|INTERSTATE PEST MANAGMENT SCHOLARSHIP|
Brad Thorstenson, President of Interstate Pest Management, has created a merit-based scholarship fund for individuals seeking undergraduate or graduate-level education in environmental studies or related fields. The scholarship will be awarded based on:
1) Passion for the environment and advancement of green technology
2) Academic excellence
3) Pursuit of education in environmental studies at an accredited college or university
5) Attending an academic institution in Washington or Oregon.
The student who shows all four of these qualifications will be awarded $500 for the 2017 academic year.
The scholarship will last for the duration of one year and be paid directly to the winning candidate to use towards tuition and board during the fall semester.