CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
|HORATIO ALGER SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM|
Multiple scholarships for SENIORS that are US citizens. Deadline June 15, 2018.
|2018 VAPA Scholarship |
Eligibility: Graduating seniors are eligible to apply. The recipient(s) must demonstrate interest in pursuing a career in education.
DUE DATE: APRIL 30, 2018
|Oregon/SW Washington Chapter Scholarship Award|
1. The candidate shall be a graduating high school student.
2. The candidate shall have a cumulative academic average of 3.5 or higher.
3. The candidate shall have leadership potential as measured by leadership roles in school or community activities, or by creativity and vision demonstrated through participation in school or community activities.
4. The candidate will submit a personal and creative essay, video, digital resource, etc. on the required Essay Subject:
“There has been increasing evidence that the design and condition of an educational facility has significant impact on the quality of education and a student’s ability to learn. In 500 words or less, describe how the design and condition of your high school facility has contributed to the quality of your education. Has the facility made a positive impact? Negative? Both? Describe the changes to your high school facility that you would propose, that if implemented, would improve the quality of education for future students.”
5. The candidate must be accepted into a post-secondary educational program following their graduation, (i.e.: university, technical school, community college, etc.).
6. Applicant must be from an Oregon/SW Washington School District which currently has a member in A4LE.
The amount of this Scholarship will be a one-time lump sum of $2,000, to be applied toward post-secondary education.
|OUR 3 MOMS SCHOLARSHIP|
FOR FORT AND BAY STUDENTS ONLY!
Senior year student at Fort Vancouver or Hudson’s Bay High School eligible for graduation.
Show intent and desire to continue education at an accredited two or four-year College or university.
Maintain a cumulative high school GPA of 3.2 or above.
Has been involved with extracurricular activities within the school for at least two years (i.e. Sports, ASB, NHS, Key Club, etc.)
Currently living in a single-parent household.
Is able to demonstrate financial need.
|Beauty and Wellness Scholarship|
• Must be a graduating high school senior or current college undergraduate at a 4-year, 2-year, vocational, or technical school in the United States.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be a female.
• We welcome all disciplines and GPAs to apply!
• Our scholarship is called The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship and it’s designed to provide financial assistance to female students who are leading healthy lifestyles. Students are asked to write a brief 500 word essay on their experiences maintaining health + wellness while enrolled in college.
|COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON|
The Foundation of Southwest Washington has a variety of scholarship available to students. Please click on the link and explore your opportunities through their website.
|4 year ROTC Scholarship|
-HS Senior in top 20% of their class
-No criminal record
-Qualifying SAT Scores
|FIDM - FASHION INSTITUTE OF DESIGN AND MERCHANDISING|
FIDM has various scholarships available. Please click on link to find out more.
|POINTE PEST CONTROL SCHOLARSHIP|
The scholarship must be submitted, in full, by April 29, 2018. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Applications for the scholarship can be submitted by any high school senior or college freshman from the state of Washington.
This scholarship is a one-time scholarship worth $750. It will be awarded May 30, 2018
|2018 STUDENT-VIEW SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM|
$11,000 in scholarships for seniors that plan to attend a 2 year, 4 year, or career school.
Deadline: April 22, 2018
|HOME SENIORADVICE.COM SENIOR CAREGIVER SCHOLARSHIP FALL 2018|
We are offering a $2,000 scholarship to an eligible student who has been a caregiver for a senior friend or relative. One student, who will be attending college or university in the Fall of 2018, will receive $2,000 for tuition and/or books.
|KIDGUARD FOR EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM|
ELIGIBILITY: All grades 9 - 12 High School Students
AWARD AMOUNT: Multiple scholarships ranging from $500 to $1000
DEADLINE: Ongoing (Annual) , Every October 31st 11:59 PM (Pacific Time)
HOW TO APPLY:
Choose ONE prompt from below and submit a well thought out essay or video
How have your family, parents, school, and teachers influenced who you are today? Use personal experiences to support your answer.
How much freedom should parents give their children? Use personal experiences to support your answer.
What are some dangers that youth may face on the internet? Use personal experiences, news articles, or research to support your answer.
What should you do if you or a friend is bullied on the web? Please discuss solutions for both scenarios. Use personal experiences to support your answer.
Discuss ways that youth can use the internet or social media to positively impact their communities. Use personal experiences to support your answer.
To apply, fill out our short form here: KidGuard for Education Scholarship Application